Blue Point uses a top down investment approach to construct a portfolio of diversified securities. Through a multilayer screening process securities are identified which offer the potential for superior risk reward outcomes. Blue Point goes beyond 90-days and takes a long-term orientation with a global perspective.
- Through macro economic research sustainable long-term trends are identified.
- Fundamental research is used to identify market leaders that are capable of capitalizing on the sustainable long-term trends.
- Analyze the company’s cash flow, financial condition, and off balance sheet disclosures
- Seek shareholder-oriented management teams which are focused on improving their return on capital.
- Evaluate the company’s execution history and whether operating results are sustainable.
- Perform relative analysis to peers. Determine whether the company is undervalued relative to its potential growth.
- Confirm investment hypothesis with third party research while looking for evidence of institutional money inflows into issuer’s securities.
- Look for opportunities where negative sentiment market creates an attractive entry point in the security of a fundamentally sound company.